Published on July 8th, 2013 | by GreatGets0
Summer Treat | Fresh Fruit Popsicles | Recipes
Living in temperate San Diego, we sometimes forget the rest of the country actually experiences extreme weather swings with lots of variations in temperatures. Nothing like a quick trip to New York to remind us just how hot and humid summer can be. I wish I had discovered these refreshing fresh fruit and yogurt popsicle recipes from The Fruit Company before our trip. So fun and delicious, you’ll almost forget they’re healthy! Perfect for a patriotic celebration or just an attractive summertime treat with layers of luscious Dark Sweet and Rainier Cherries, Blueberries and yogurt (you can even make your own yogurt)
Patriotic Popsicles with Bing & Rainer Cherries, and Blueberries
(makes approximately 6 popsicles)
1/2 c Bing or Dark Sweet Cherries, pitted and quartered
1/2 c Rainer Cherries, pitted and quartered
1/2 c Blueberries
3/4 c Cherry Juice
3/c c Blueberry Juice
1/2 c Plain Yogurt
1/4 c Half & Half
1/4 c Sugar
2 t Vanilla
1. Divide Bing cherries between popsicle molds, filling 1/3 of the way up. Cover cherries with cherry juice and place in freezer for at least an hour or until firm.
2. In a small bowl or measuring pitcher, mix yogurt, half and half, vanilla, and sugar. Set aside.
3. After first cherry and juice layer has firmed, divide rainer cherries between popsicle molds, filling up another 1/3 of the way. Cover cherries with sweetened yogurt mixture. Before placing molds back into the freezer, nestle popsicle sticks into the center of the yogurt mixture until it hits the first, already frozen layer. The thicker yogurt mixture should keep the sticks upright. Place molds into freezer for an least an hour or until firm.
4. After the second layer of cherries and yogurt has firmed, divide blueberries between popsicle molds filling molds the rest of the way up. Cover blueberries with blueberry juice and place in freezer until completely firm, at least 2 hours.
5. When you’re ready to enjoy, dip molds for short 5 second intervals into a bowl of warm water to slightly melt the outside of the pops until they just loosen.
Patriotic Popsicle Variation – Easy Patriotic Yogurt Pops (makes approximately 6 popsicles)
1. Fill popsicle molds with fruit, dividing cherries, and blueberries 1/3 of the way up each or mixing as desired.
2. In a medium mixing bowl or large measuring pitcher, blend, yogurt, half and half, sugar, and vanilla until smooth and sugar has dissolved, increasing volume as follows:
1 1/2 c Plain Yogurt
3/4 c Half & Half
3/4 c Sugar
2 T Vanilla
3. Cover fruit completely with yogurt mixture then insert popsicle sticks.
4. Place in freezer for at least 2 hours or until completely firm.
5. Removes from molds as previously indicated when you’re ready to enjoy.
Dare to be Great!