Published on September 19th, 2014 | by GreatGets0
Mens Fall Wardrobe Essentials
Although it is 97 degrees outside this afternoon, make no mistake, fall is upon us. It soon will be time to put away the seersucker suits , short sleeve shirts, and flip flops and opt for warmer duds. Ties.com has put together this list of mens fall wardrobe essentials to get you through the colder months. It is so spot on, we had to share!
5 Mens Fall Wardrobe Essentials
1. Every man needs a staple coat in his wardrobe. This year’s must have fall coat is the classic peacoat. It pairs well with everything from a suit to a simple white-T and jeans. Though peacoats are undisputably cool, their effect can be muted by an ill fit. Look for one that is slightly tapered on the sides and most importantly, make sure the shoulders fit. If you’re looking to add this as a style staple, go with navy, black, or gray.
2. The knit tie tends to get a bad rap. Often featured in magazines as an accessory for casual wear, paired with a suit, the knit tie can add a young and modern vibe. Why knit? Knit ties are a great way to add texture and seasonal flair to any outfit. Fall and winter trends tend to revolve around texture, bringing in heavier weight materials like wool and tweed. Pair a knit tie with a shawl collar cardigan for a put together look on casual Fridays
3. This classic boot brings just as much style as it does comfort. Chukka boots are perfect for the colder seasons and rise above the ankle to protect from fall’s gusts of winds and rain. These boots traditionally come in a variation of brown and give a more casual air to an outfit. Chukka boots are great for everyday wear.
4. This classically cool cardigan gives a traditional spin on the ordinary, collarless cardigan. With fans like celebrities Daniel Craig and John Legend, this fall staple definitely will elevate your style to a new level. The magic of this piece lies in its ability to look very fashionable while looking completely effortless. The shawl neck cardigan also makes a great layering piece for fall. Wear it under a wool blazer or peacoat for a expertly layered look. This style cardigan also looks very modern and dapper buttoned with a knit tie.
5. This season you will see men’s scarves everywhere. So practical, this versatile, trendy accessory will elevate your style quotient immediately. Scarves come in a myriad of patterns, materials, and styles from light-weight acrylic scarves that can be worn indoors or outdoors to thick wool scarves primarily worn for warmth . When pairing a scarf, think of a scarf like your outerwear’s tie, complimenting your outfit not distracting from it.
Get a head start on the cool days of fall by filling your closet with cozy essentials and deep colors. These key items will serve as staples for fall and into winter for years to come. Remember, when adding to your wardrobe staples, strive for quality not quantity– it will always be worth it. Above all, be confident in what you’re wearing and the compliments will follow.
Dare to be great!
Summary: Five Men's Fall Wardrobe Essentials - 1. The classic peacoat 2. A knit tie 3. Chukka boots 4. A shawl collared cardigan and 5. This year's absolute must have - men's scarf!